Sheboygan Yacht Club Wedding | Ashley + Adam
Ashley and Adam originally planned their Sheboygan Yacht Club wedding for mid-June, but when COVID hit, they decided to postpone a few months and celebrate in August. I am sure that their original date will hold a special place in their hearts, however, they couldn’t have had a more beautiful August day on the shores of Sheboygan!
Ashley and Adam chose to get married at Sheboygan Yacht Club since they both love the water and most of Ashley’s family lives in the area. Their ceremony took place on the property’s waterfront green space with views of Lake Michigan as the backdrop. Immediately following the ceremony, Ashley and Adam escaped to roam around Deland park and get their portraits taken. Since it was a Saturday, there were so many people around to congratulate and praise the newlyweds!
As one can imagine, there were so many great moments from the day. However, here are my five favorites:
- Just before the ceremony, the flower girl (Adam’s niece) walked into Ashley’s dressing room to see her and receive a gift. I will never forget the way she looked at Ashley. There were stars in her eyes and she had complete adoration for Ashley (who looked like a real-life princess)!
- Ashley and Adam ran down the aisle with glee and excitement following the pronunciation of Bride and Groom. Then, they snuck away to the side of the yacht club and had a minute all to themselves to hug and soak it in. Moments later their bridal party excitedly ran up and gave them a huge hug! It was such an emotional and special moment of celebration.
- Ashley and Adam had matching bride and groom face masks. They wanted to get a photo taken while wearing them to help tell the whole story. However, they were actually really difficult to put on! It was hilarious watching Ashley and Adam figure out these supposedly simple-to-use masks.
- Ashley’s sister was her maid of honor. Instead of simply reciting her speech, she sang it!….to the tune of The Little Mermaid’s “Under the Sea!” It fit the yacht club setting, and I am sure that it brought back several memories of them watching the movie together as little girls.
- Ashley and Adam’s grandparents are very special to them. Actually, they were one of the main reasons why Ashley and Adam really wanted to get married in 2020 instead of pushing their wedding day to 2021. At the end of the night, Ashley’s grandpa and grandma got out on the dance floor and danced with the couple. It was such a fun and special memory seeing her grandpa dance with all of his family members.
VENUE: Sheboygan Yacht Club
PHOTOGRAPHER: Grace Creatives
VIDEOGRAPHER: Grace Creatives (Goodfellow Media)
ASSOCIATE PHOTOGRAPHER: Liza Damato Photo
FLORIST: Caan Floral
CAKE ARTIST: Better Sweet Bakery
MAKE-UP ARTIST: Entourage
HAIR ARTIST: Entourage
OFFICIANT: Bobbie Novak
BRIDAL GOWN: Ediths Bridals & Tuxedos