Summer Wedding at the Carriage House at Lac La Belle | Stephanie and Carter
Let me introduce you to Mr. and Mrs. Ehms (you may remember their engagement session)! As one can only imagine, planning a wedding in 2020 amongst a global pandemic is no small feat. Nevertheless, Stephanie and Carter handled it with grace and a sense of calmness. They knew that there would be certain areas of their day (and guest list) that would look different, but still went on to celebrate a fantastic and beautiful day with friends and family!
They were married on August 28th at the Carriage House at Lac La Belle. As you can see from the photos below, this venue is wonderful! The large windows, grand cathedral ceiling, and white walls create a simple yet beautiful backdrop for a wedding celebration!
Although it was forecasted to rain the whole time, it ended up being a warm, bright, and gorgeous summer day! There were so many beautiful moments that unfolded however, here were some of my favorites:
- Stephanie had a relaxing morning with her girls and even had enough time to play an intense (yet super entertaining) game of Uno!
- Stephanie and Carter surprised each other with secret notes engraved on each other’s wedding bands and waited to share until just before the ceremony!
- Two of their friends lead worship songs during the ceremony. Everyone was able to participate…including me! Since I hadn’t been to a church service in-person since the beginning of the pandemic it was so awesome singing worship songs with others again! I loved this moment.
- They smashed their cake [politely and super cute] into each other’s faces. This isn’t super common…therefore it was a very entertaining surprise to document. 🙂
- After their grand entrance, Stephanie and Carter asked ALL tables to prepare for a photo with the bride and groom. The DJ played an uptempo song and Stephanie and Carter ran (yes…ran!) to all 14(?) tables. Everyone was documented in under 2 minutes! Whew! What a workout, but I am so glad I was there to witness it!
A huge and wonderful thank you to Stephanie and Carter (and all of their wonderful family and friends) for allowing me to document your special celebration!
CEREMONY VENUE: The Carriage House at Lac La Belle
RECEPTION VENUE: The Carriage House at Lac La Belle
PHOTOGRAPHER: Grace Creatives Photography
VIDEOGRAPHER: Jared Dickerson (Check out the amazing wedding video he made and be sure to give it a ‘like:’ Carter + Stephanie | Wedding Video)
FLORIST: Sam’s Club
CAKE ARTIST: Sally’s Sweet Shoppe
BAND/DJ: Soundsational DJ’s
MAKE-UP ARTIST: Presh Beauty
HAIR ARTIST: Paige Martin
JEWELRY: Dareth Colburn
BRIDAL GOWN: Amelishan Bridal
CATERER: All Occasions Catering